Standard Printing Company is committed to reducing its impact on the environment. We use only soy-based and UV inks with low or no VOC units, protecting air and water quality. Our investments in waste collection and storage units ensure that virtually 100% of our manufacturing waste is collected and recycled.
- Air vacuum systems and compactors collect paper trim as it is cut at the press, sending it to an enclosed compactor to be picked up by a local recycler.
- All other manufacturing paper waste, such as spoilage and machine make ready paper, are collected throughout the day, shredded and added to the compactor for recycling.
- Recovery system collects metals from the plating process for recycling.
- Special bins are used for collecting and recycling plates, steel blades, cardboard, pallets, and even office waste paper.
- Machine oils are collected and recycled.